Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 3

Ok so far my blogs haven't been that interesting. This is for two reasons: Thesis and Worlds. I have a thesis to work on (Read: Start) and I'm trying to get fit for Prague. This doesn't leave a whole bunch of time for my blog. However I promise that in the next couple of weeks I shall provide something more interesting.
For all of you wanting nationals stuff check Pissy's predictions.

I however will remain content to pick the SAFDA league:

Womens:

Envy def. DDD's: Envy are undefeated, DDD's are yet to win again. Not predicting much of a game here.

Flinders Flames def. Satin Flycatchers: Following my lack of faith in the Flinders girls last week, I'm gonna back it up by tipping the other flinders team to also beat SF. While they don't have the skills of Sarah Pillar, I suspect they should have enough to polish off the Flycatcher girls.

Flinders Fun def. DD's: I underestimated Fun last week, I won't this week. They'll take this game easily if Sarah Pillar is on form, they will struggle if not.

Div 2:

AU : Death From Above def. UE Trombones: AU:DFA have a bunch of players who are fiesty and want the disc. Especially players like Will Christopherson, Tom Lee and Val Zarhkin.. Wait, aren't they all Div 1 players? Oh well, whatever. They'll still win.

Flinders Blue def. Flycatchers: Flycatchers have had one win this season. I'm yet to see them come together well enough to do any real damage. Blue finally have their full team out, with a couple of talented rookies. Expect big things.

AU 2 def. Ballmark Figures: Ballmark are getting better, but I feel they lack the strong throws that AU 2 has in their top order. Combine this with a couple of the rookies that AU 2 have and there's no way they'll lose.

Div 1:

UE Bookmarks def. AU:Hard Ticket: UE will be smarting after their loss last week. With nationals coming up next week, they will be playing hard to regain some fire before heading into it. AU:HT have a strong line, but no one who can shut down players like David Sanderson and Morgan Llewellyn. Nevermind K-pash.

Flinders Fury def. Shining Flycatchers: Fury are unstoppable it seems. They're coming together well as a team and some glossy disc movement combined with a lot of fire is helping. Flycatchers are developing, with a solid win over AU:HT and easily accounting for NAU, however I don't think they have the depth to deal with Fury's line up.

Joel and Bumbo def. NAU: Nuff Said.


1 comment:

  1. Fun went down by one.. Flames also lost, but had a wicked game and only lost 10-7. Super happy with that effort.

    ReplyDelete